Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: altec 604 hpln

  1. #1
    Inactive Member plasticman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi everyone,

    I just acquired a pair of mint 604 hpln's but no cabinets or crossover. Can anyone pls help me with the T/S parameters so I can design an enclosure? Will they work in a 9 cu.ft. enclosure tuned to 40Hz's(something like Billfort's beautiful cabs)???

    Thanks in advance for replies!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member jmarkwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Placticman,
    I could be wrong, but I believe the 604 HPLN shares T/S parameters with the 904. That would give it a Vas of 14.18 ft^3, Fs of 30.5Hz and Qts of .16. Any of the old Altec hands have any data on this?
    Jeff

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe that I also heard thet the 904 morphed into the 604HPLN. A higher powered version of the 604.
    If this is true, the HPLN will want to be in a small box approx 2.5 cu. ft. properly ported. It will then go flat down to 60hz or so.
    I have the 904's and augument them with subwoofers.
    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.